Yogyakarta – The Central Chairman of Aisyiyah deeply concerns on the high frequency and intensity cases of child sexual and physical abuse case occurred in Indonesia. These cases are included in the category of violent and uncivilized crimes, as it happened to children who are supposed to be protected.
Therefore, it is needed to hold a massive national movement promoting a campaign on stop and anti-child abuse in the form of physical abuse, sexual abuse, and children trafficking. This movement is done by cooperating with family organizations, educational institutions, and society on making any form of child abuse public enemy. This is as written in a statement by the Central Executive of Aisyiyah and signed by Siti Noordjannah Djohantini as the Chairman and Dyah Siti Nuraini as the General Secretary (5/5). Included in the statement, the Chairman of Central Executive of Aisyiyah also expected the President as the main commander of the Nation and has the highest authority to make decisive and quick action to directly handle the cases of child sexual abuse as the crimes are considered as ‘emergency’.
Furthermore, in some cases, the criminals are adult and it is already well-planned. These cases can be categorized as an extraordinary crime (kejahatan luar biasa), which must be investigated thoroughly and the criminals are prosecuted with severe penalties. Thus, Indonesia can be included in “Darurat Kejahatan Seksual terhadap Anak” (Emergency Status of Child Sexual Abuse), which can be a national mourning momentum by the government and all components in the nation. (mac)
Included below is the complete Statement of the Chairman of Aisyiyah Central Executive on The Cases of Child Physical and Sexual Abuse:
1. The Chairman of Aisyiyah Central Executive deeply concerns on the high frequency and intensity cases of child physical and sexual abuse happened in the Nation. These cases are included in the category of violent and uncivilized crimes, as it happened to children who are supposed to be protected. Furthermore, in some cases, the criminals are adult and it is already well-planned. These cases can be categorized as an extraordinary crime (kejahatan luar biasa), which must be investigated thoroughly and the criminals are prosecuted with severe penalties. Thus, Indonesia can be included in “Darurat Kejahatan Seksual terhadap Anak” (Emergency Status of Child Sexual Abuse), which can be a national mourning momentum by the government and all components in the nation.
2. The President of Indonesia as the main commander of the Nation and owns the highest authority should take decisive and rapid steps to directly handle the cases of child sexual abuse since the current situation of this has reached ‘Emergency’. The decisive step taken by the President will bring a wide impact to save the children world and will establish a safety in the society. If the President do not take national political and enforcing action, it is possible that there will be similar cases in the future.
3. Presenting gratitude to the law enforcement institutions, children protection institutions, and other related institutions which are always being responsive to handle child abuse cases as they see fit according to their responsibilities. It is hoped that the child abuse cases become the main priorities and will be investigated thoroughly and the prosecution will be implemented firmly, and the criminals will have the most severe punishment.
4. The government, especially the Ministry of Education and Culture, Ministry of Religious Affairs, State Minister for Women Empowerment and Children Protection, or other Ministries and institutions that handle educational institutions and children protection to participate in the investigation of physical and sexual child abuse and other abuse according to the law. Furthermore, the government had to evaluate the educational system which allowed abuse or bullying practices towards children and did not cover the cases in order to protect the institutions. Educational institutions have to be completely free from any forms of child abuse as the form of their commitment to build nation’s culture and civilization. The Ministry of Communication and Information has to be encouraged to fight and block pornography and violent contents in social media since it can be the potential source of the practices of sexual abuse and deviation.
5. Child Abuse, including physical and sexual abuse, is closely-related to many factors and their surroundings. Therefore, it is need to take a proper management and thorough precaution by involving all parties and institutions such as family, social organizations, education institutions, and other institutions that deal with children affairs. It is suggested for Komnas Perlindungan Anak (National Commission for the Protection of Children) and Komisi Perlindungan Anak Indonesia (Commission for the Protection of Indonesian Children) to improve their control on the cases of child abuse, especially in the precaution through the improvement of cooperation and synergy to other social institutions in addition to current law enforcement institutions.
6. It is needed for many parties to take massive national movement on promoting a campaign to stop and anti-child abuse in all forms, including physical and sexual abuse and children trafficking. This movement cooperates with family organizations, educational institutions, and society on making child abuse as public enemy. This movement is to protect children for the preparation of raising a strong generation. Therefore, the government is responsible to guarantee the children’s right as they grow to be a strong generation. Child is a responsibility and invaluable inheritance for us to protect, nurture, and educate. Child is the main source of raising a national generation to carry the responsibility of civilization and leadership on Earth. Therefore, crimes on children in any form equals to destroying the future generation and human civilization.
Yogyakarta, May 05, 2014
Central Executive of Aisyiyah
Dra. Siti Noordjannah Djohantini, MM., M.Si.
Dra. Dyah Siti Nuraini, M.Ag.